ACLU of Wisconsin Chippewa Valley Chapter
Meeting of the Board of Directors
August 8, 2021
Virtual meeting via Zoom technology
Board members present: Lopa Basu, Cali Eisenhuth, Ann Francis, Kirby Harless, Mildred Larson, Ehren Lepp, Elsa Murray, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Paul Wagner, and John Wiltrout.
Board members absent, Lindsey Brandrup, Pa Thao, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton
Visitors: Jeneice Briggs, Ann Heywood
- The meeting was called to order at 5:05 pm.
- The board approved the minutes from the July 11, 2021 meeting.
- John gave the Treasurer’s report, no changes from last month. Balances are checking: 1042.63, savings: 5.01.
- David welcomed Dr. Jeneise Briggs and the board members introduced themselves to Dr. Briggs.
- Dr. Briggs talked about her plans for her new EDI Coordinator position with Eau Claire City/County and answered the board’s questions.
- David gave an update regarding the ACLU-WI: Chris Ott resigned as Director and Shaadie Ali is serving as Interim Director. David has been appointed to the transition team and he updated the board on the planned recruitment process for hiring a new director.
- The board discussed membership and work of the Ad Hoc Nominations Committee. Lindsey had volunteered to lead the committee, and Teresa volunteered to assist.
- At 6:32, Paul moved to adjourn, Ann seconded, the meeting was adjourned.