ACLU of Wisconsin Chippewa Valley Chapter
Meeting of the Board of Directors
February 14, 2020
Virtual meeting via Zoom technology
Board members present: Lopa Basu, Lindsey Brandrup, Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Ann Francis, Kirby Harless, Mildred Larson, Kelle Moran, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Paul Wagner, and John Wiltrout.
Board members absent: Pa Thao, Eliza Wiegel, Elsa Murray, LJ Wells
Guest: Eau Claire Chief of Police Matt Rokus
- The meeting was called to order at 5:00.
- Minutes accepted with no revision.
- The board engaged in a question and answer session with invited guest, Eau Claire Police Chief Matt Rokus.
4. John gave the treasurer’s report. 197.83 for website and domain name for the year. New balances are: Savings $ 5.01, checking $1,112.63.
5. Selika and David provided an update from the ACLU of WI meeting.
6. Ad Hoc Committee / Standing Committees / Affiliations Update
- Affiliation with Juneteenth: Zoom panels planned, featuring possibly Kate Hinnant and Larry Dupuis.
- Update from Ad Hoc Committee on Membership: Paul will start on the email list and the committee will bring the topic of whether to continue hard copy mailing of the annual newsletter to the board at a future meeting.
7. Update on student members: LJ and Elsa will continue. Eliza is graduating. We will look for a new student and invite a liaison from UWEC ACLU to join our meetings informally and possibly consider an ex officio position for that person in the future.
8. Old business: The board discussed a recent racist incident and surrounding student protests at UWEC. A student had posted racist words and images on his snapchat application. Teresa and Selika gave updates.
9. The meeting was adjourned at 6:43.