CVCLU Annual Membership Meeting
November 7, 2019, 6:00 pm
Unitarian Universalist Church, 421 South Farwell St., Eau Claire
Board members present: Selika Ducksworth-Lawton, Ann Heywood, Mildred Larson, Teresa O’Halloran, David Shih, Pa Thao, Paul Wagner, John Wiltrout.
Board members absent: Lindsey Brandrup
Approximately 45 members were present, including board members.
- The meeting was called to order at 6:15 pm.
- President Heywood welcomed the membership and introduced the board of directors.
- President Heywood passed a donation bucket to the membership.
- The minutes from the 2018 Annual Meeting were read by Board Secretary Teresa O’Halloran and approved by the membership.
- Treasurer John Wiltrout gave his report. (attached)
- Acting Chair of the Nominations Committee, David Shih, introduced the candidates for the Board of Directors, Ann Francis, Kelle Moran, and Teresa O’Halloran. Each candidate gave a short statement.
- President Heywood discussed some of the chapter’s activities over the past year, included in the newsletter (attached).
- President Heywood introduced Chris Ott, Director of the State of Wisconsin ACLU, who discussed some of the activities of the ACLU at the state level, including joint activities with the CVACLU, like the Beer and Bill of Rights event that focused on crimeless revocation.
- The meeting was adjourned at 6:55 pm.