Upcoming and Recent Past Board of Directors meetings for 2020
Meetings are generally scheduled for the second Sunday of each month at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation at 5:00 p.m. All chapter members are welcome to attend.
Last Board Meeting: January 12th, 2020
Next Board Meeting: Sunday, February 16th, 2020, at 5:00 pm; Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 421 S. Farwell St., Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Chippewa Valley Chapter Annual Meeting
- Welcome and introductions
- Minutes of the 2018 annual meeting
- Treasurer’s report
- Election of board members
- Review/discussion about local activities. Members can bring ideas about areas of concern for the chapter for next year.
- Review of ACLU-WI activities and challenges with Chris Ott, Executive Director
- Adjourn to program on reproductive freedom, upstairs
Protecting Women’s Right to Choose
- Chris Ott, ACLU-WI Executive Director, speaking about the state and national legal and legislative frontlines in reproductive freedom.
- Cheryl Theide, president of the Options Fund, explaining how this fund provides financial assistance to Northwest Wisconsin women seeking safe and legal abortions.
- Sara E. Thielen, BSN, RN, and representative at National Network of Abortion Funds, explaining issues impacting reproductive health, such as destigmatizing abortion and self-medicated abortion.
Beer and Bill of Rights, social gathering of ACLU members and friends with short presentation on crimeless revocation by Emilio De Torre of ACLU-WI and others; Tuesday, August 6th, 2019, at The Brewing Projekt Distillery Room, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM; see https://www.facebook.com/events/1093039734238606/ for more information
Martin Luther King Day Rememberance, Monday January 21st, 6:00 – 7:30 PM, St. James the Greater Church, 2502 11th St., Eau Claire.
More information on Facebook
Annual Meeting and Smart Justice Presentation
Date and Time: Wednesday, November 14, 6:00 p.m. (Annual Meeting), 7:00 p.m. (Presentation)
Location: Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 421 S. Farwell St, Eau Claire
* Smart Justice: Ending Mass Incarceration in Wisconsin – Sean Wilson, Criminal Justice Organizer, ACLU – WI (article in Chippewa Valley post – linked here)
Starting Time: 7:00 PM
Event Description: Imprisonment is a brutal and costly response to crime that traumatizes incarcerated people and hurts families and communities. It should be the last option, not the first.
* Chippewa Valley Chapter of the ACLU of WI – Annual Meeting
Starting Time: 6:00 PM, end by 7:00 PM
Description: Welcome and Introductions, Minutes of 2017 Annual Meeting, Treasurer’s Report, Board of Director elections, Questions and Discussion on current ACLU activities
Hors d’ouvres will be provided by the chapter during the meeting. Members and guest may bring other food choices as they desire.
Contact for more information: Ann, firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-834-8549
Sponsor: Chippewa Valley Chapter of ACLU of Wisconsin
Our Second Beer and Bill of Rights Gathering was held on Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM at Lazy Monk Brewing’s event room. We met to socialize with other ACLU members and friends, and learn about current immigration issues from several perspectives!